Thursday, March 17, 2016

What is your Hobby and Meals for 3/17/16

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
This week my boss asked me what my hobby was. I had to pause and think a bit - because life gets in the way and hobbies become more of an issue than a fun thing! Some people knit, some hunt for antiques, some (my husband!) read and play video games.  I'd say watching television is my hobby, or maybe social media. Wait. Yes- that's it. Social media is my hobby, and my job- which is kinda nice when you love your job like I do!

Why would I call it a hobby? It's something about the community that I find enjoyment in. I also am always learning something not only from content posted but about how it functions and how I can maximize my interactions with people. I consider this blog a part of my hobby, too!

I am fully aware of the addiction and the negative side of social media- and for sure have issues with balancing it and being present. However, I do find my downtime is spent not only scrolling through but also learning about how the algorithms work, what's the new app and more. It is also spent being inspired by others, learning from their journey and more.

Extra greens for St. Paddy's!
My other hobby? Learning and trying new things. I'm spontaneous (often impulsive) but I am learning to own that and channel it in to experiences and learning new things. Most recently it has been diving in to being a BeachBody Coach which has me reading more about health and fitness, working out and enjoying Shakeology daily and being a part of fitness challenge groups and teams.

If you want to follow me or my journey through social media- please do!

Here is where you can find me:
*This blog- duh! I update it daily!
*Instagram- I post random family pictures, workouts and meal ideas.
*Facebook

For work I use Instagram, Twitter, Periscope, Facebook, Untappd, Snapchat and more! Look us up at Badger Hill Brewing Company and see more of "me" (through the lens of a brewery!). Sometimes it's tough to keep up with all the new formats but I enjoy learning about them and seeing how people use them to be successful in business and also connect in their personal life.

What is YOUR favorite social media platform? Why? Comment below!

Meals for 3/17/16:
Breakfast: Vegan Chocolate Shakeology (more about Shakeology here) blended with EXTRA spinach (greens for St. Paddy's Day!), cold press coffee (recipe here), and frozen raspberries. Green tea with lemon. (1 red, 1 purple, 2 green)

Dinner!
Lunch: Shredded chicken, fajita veggies, (recipe here), two corn tortillas topped with 1/2 a blue of shredded cheese and a dollop of greek yogurt. (1.5 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1/2 blue)

Dinner: Fixate Turkey meatballs, Fixate sauce, roasted sweet potato slices, roasted broccoli and cauliflower. Zeke ate what I ate tonight, too! He's such a great eater and I love exposing him to healthy, tasty foods. (1 red, 1.5 green, 1 yellow)

Snacks: Caveman Bar (see review below- from my Bulu Box), apple slices with PB (1 yellow, 1 purple, tsp)

But seriously people- WHY don't you have the Fixate Cookbook yet? You can order it through my BeachBody site here- under Shop, then use the search bar at the top left and search for Fixate. It's SO worth the money with kid friendly, adult friendly and just plain delicious 21 Day Fix approved food.

Workout: 21 Day Fix Dirty 30. LOVE this workout. It's a shorter one- and I almost wish there was one more round of a bonus round (did I just write that?!) but I love the full body workout it gives! I'm looking forward to Yoga tomorrow to get some stretching in. My right IT band is a bit tight! 

Caveman Bar from my Bulu Box
Bulu Box Product Review:
*Here's the complete unboxing video if you want to see all of the goodies I got!*

Today I enjoyed a Caveman Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut bar. It says "paleo inspired" - made with ingredients I can actually pronounce. About two bites big with lots of chew to it. I'd say it's a Yellow swap- and nice treat. I love coconut and almonds so adding chocolate to that is a win for me.

NeuEnergy from my Bulu Box
I was also feeling the 2p energy slump and decided to give the NeuEnergy tablets a shot. In reading the directions you're supposed to take two tablets (the sample was 6 total) and not need water. I chewed two- the consistency was like a crunchy tums. Flavor was sweet, a bit fruity- but not exactly pleasant. It left a very perfumey flavor in my mouth that lasted quite a while and definitely needed water to rinse out. It did give a good energy boost. I worked out about an hour after taking them and definitely felt a good boost (rare for 3:30p!). No jitters- just focused energy. The taste was still horrible but maybe I'd endure it for this type of energy!

Want to get Bulu Box for yourself? Check it out here- and when you sign up enter code MYSUB5 at checkout (top left) to get your boxes for just $5/mo, for life!

Why Red Rover? I don't know to be honest... I think I've used Red Rover for a while now because I love trying new things, traveling, taking journeys of all types. Red for the hair, obviously- Rover because of the journey.  If you're interested in roving into your own fitness journey with my support reach out to me here. Or check out my BeachBody site. Oh, and for sure follow me on Instagram


Join my Challenge Group- take a step towards a healthier and happier you. 
and I'll see you in the group!