Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Meals for 3/1 and the start of my Community...

First day of a month- feels good, right? Each month we get a mental clean slate- will this be the month I do something amazing? Perhaps. I started off my morning doing PiYo Sweat!

I just published a post on wanting to start my tribe of folks- to begin my first Challenge Group.  It's something that is super popular with BeachBody and adds the accountability part. It is creating a tribe of people to support, inspire, help and more.

You may not know- but my major in undergraduate was Community Sociology. Not regular Sociology- but Community. My focus was on community, creating, studying, inspiring community. Community is a powerful thing- it changes mindset, attitude, and more. My career started in Higher Education focusing on Residential Education (i.e. dorms!) where I supervised, advised and worked with undergraduate and graduate students in an on-campus setting. Seeing those communities of 1st year students, student athletes, international students, students of all kind grow, thrive, face challenges- that is the stuff I was inspired by.

Even stuffed animals have community...
I made the jump to become an Area Director and moved to Mankato which involved overseeing Hall Directors and removed me a step from the student component I loved so much. It was a new challenge and I learned to love supervising the position I once held. Through circumstances that were rather unfortunate (that story.. later) I ended up not being renewed from a temporary contract, was 6 weeks pregnant when I found out and had to start a new job in a new field in a city I wasn't really in love with. Thankfully I have an amazing, supportive, kind husband and we weathered that storm, together. We also had amazing friends in Mankato that formed our awesome tribe. Zeke arrived in the world 10 weeks early which turned our ship once again and we moved back up to the Twin Cities (closer to our family community), Zeke spent 50 days in the NICU (with an amazing community of nurses/doctors!) and we lived with my in-laws for 6 months while we transitioned to new jobs and a new house (hardcore, right?).

Back to community. What an amazing (though stressful) time it was for us- however, there was always a strong community of friends, family and strangers around us. Community is a powerful thing, people.  Now that I'm working in a field that I absolutely love I'm finding new communities- the MN craft beer community, my Badger Hill community, my fitness community, my momma tribe community and more. They all support and challenge me in so many ways- so this is where the story beings for me beginning my own fitness community.

I feel I'm ready to teach, foster kindness toward ourselves, build a community. If you want to join my first ever Challenge Group- let me know. I want you there- I want to cheer you on, provide support, challenge you. Let me!

Meals for 3/1/16
Breakfast!
Breakfast: Cafe Latte Shakeology blended with spinach, cold press coffee and a mix of frozen raspberries/strawberries. Green tea with a drop of honey. (containers- 1 green, 1 red, 1 purple)

Lunch: Two corn tortillas, stew beef marinated with taco seasoning, oven baked peppers, onions and brussel sprouts, 1/2 a blue of shredded sharp cheddar, dollop of plain Greek yogurt. (containers- 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green, 1/2 blue)

Snack: Plain Greek yogurt with no-sugar added canned mango, peaches, pears. (containers: 1 purple, 1 red)

Fajitas warming in the
pizza oven at work!
Dinner: Couscous, baked tilapia tossed in breadcrumbs and old bay seasoning, broccoli tossed in some olive oil, pepper and sea salt then baked. (containers: 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green, 2tsp- breadcrumbs for tilapia coating would be under yellow but are so minuscule I don't count it!)

Workout: PiYo Sweat

Tilapia instructions: cut up one red container of fish into 1-2 inch pieces, add breadcrumbs and seasoning to a ziploc and toss in fish- shake well. Once coated put fish on a pan (use Pam so things don't stick!) and bake at 375 for 8 minutes, flip, bake another 8 minutes. I like my fish a bit brown/crispy! 

Baked broccoli instructions: cut up broccoli so it's in medium/small sized florets. Add one green broccoli to a ziploc of 1-2tsp olive oil, a dash of salt and pepper. Shake well to coat broccoli. Bake in a 375 oven for 45 minutes, flipping once. I like mine crispy!

Why Red Rover? I don't know to be honest... I think I've used Red Rover for a while now because I love trying new things, traveling, taking journeys of all types. Red for the hair, obviously- Rover because of the journey.  If you're interested in roving into your own fitness journey with my support reach out to me here. Or check out my BeachBody site. Oh, and for sure follow me on Instagram



**Join my Challenge Group- take a step towards a healthier and happier you. 
and I'll see you in the group!**