Saturday, March 12, 2016

Coming back to the 21 Day Fix and Meals for 3/12/16

Switching back to the 21 Day Fix-
and I'm so happy!
Today I woke up and had a choice- continue my PiYo program or go back to 21 Day Fix. The last 10 days or so I'd really been dreading doing PiYo for a few reasons: the variety in length of workouts, the stress it was putting on my wrists, lack of cardio. I have started reading the new Kate Hudson book Pretty Happy and she stresses not dreading your choice of exercise- find something that works for you and makes you happy. She's said it over 1/2 a dozen times in the book so far- and I'm only two chapters in. It really rang true- so.... I am back to the 21 Day Fix- the program that started it all for me!

Now, to be fair- PiYo did help me in many ways. I know my core is stronger, I'm for sure better at pushups and I have gained upper body strength. I felt that today when I did the Cardio Fix Bonus Round. I will for sure still supplement some of the workouts in PiYo sometimes, but as a program whole it's not what I'm looking for right now.

Meal prepping!
You know what? I smiled during most of my workout (except burpees.. those suck) because I missed the pattern of this workout, I missed Autumn's training style, I missed knowing the workout was going to be around 30 minutes. It felt good to be breathless, sweaty and have my butt kicked.

This morning after I worked out I joined Zeke and Ryan in the yard. It was great to spend some time outdoors because it's beauuuuutiful! These Minnesota souls need sunshine and fresh air.  Ryan got the short stick and spent most of the time picking up the now-exposed-winter-dog-poop and sticks (love him for doing this!!). Zeke and I ran around and hit the slide a few times. It's great to get some fresh air.

I also began the meal prepping for the week. I had bought a few peppers and a zucchini earlier this week and they were getting a bit wrinkly so it was time to use them up. I'm going to make slow cooker fajitas for lunches this week- they were so good two weeks ago (recipe at the bottom). I'm going to switch my 3p snack up to be tuna salad over apples- looking forward to a change from fruit/yogurt/cottage cheese which I'm pretty sure I've been eating every afternoon for about 3 months now. :)
Quote from the Kate Hudson book, Pretty Happy. This kind
of thinking is what gets me in to trouble!

Tonight was a fun experience- we took Zeke to a hibachi! We hadn't hung out with our neighbors in a while so it was good to see them- and seeing Zeke's face when they lit the hibachi was priceless. He had a great time and ate like a rockstar!

Being with friends is good for the soul- it was a great day!



Meals for 3/12/16:

Breakfast: Vegan Chocolate Shakeology blended with frozen raspberries, spinach, cold press coffee and coconut extract.  (1 red, 1 purple, 1 green)

Lunch: Hasselback Chicken with a side of baked broccoli (1 red, 1/2 blue, 1 green)
Portioned out fajitas- a red of chicken,
green of veggies, dollop of greek yogurt and
1/2 blue (stored in orange) of cheese plus two
corn tortillas!

Snacks: Canned no-sugar mango, cottage cheese (1 red, 1 purple)

Dinner: Hibachi- rice, shrimp, steak, scallops, veggies (1 green, 1.5 red, 2 yellow, lotsa tsp!)

Workout: 21 Day Fix Cardio Fix

I wish I could talk to November 4th, 2015 Jen- when I started the 21 Day Fix program and did this workout for the first time. It's STILL an ass beating- but I know I'm so much stronger. I was able to completely do the entire first round of the bonus round- and ALMOST did the entire second without pausing. It is so rewarding to see progress in major ways in such a short amount of time.

Recipe:
Slow cooker chicken fajitas- cut up four peppers of various colors, one container of mushrooms, 1/2 an onion, one zucchini (honestly- any veggies you like!). Add a layer of the mixed veggies to the bottom of the crock-pot, layer 5 reds worth of frozen chicken on top, layer the rest of the veggies on top. Mix together taco seasoning mix- use a bottled mix if you want.  Put slow cooker on high for 3hrs- stir 2-3 times to mix it all up and make sure nothing is sticking to the side. Portion out in to 5 portions (one for each lunch week day).

Why Red Rover? I don't know to be honest... I think I've used Red Rover for a while now because I love trying new things, traveling, taking journeys of all types. Red for the hair, obviously- Rover because of the journey.  If you're interested in roving into your own fitness journey with my support reach out to me here. Or check out my BeachBody site. Oh, and for sure follow me on Instagram


Join my Challenge Group- take a step towards a healthier and happier you. 
and I'll see you in the group!