Thursday, March 10, 2016

New clothes and Meals for 3/10/16

Loving this dress from
Old Navy with black
LuLaRoe leggings!
Do you know what I find to be one of the best things about feeling better about my body? The confidence that comes with it! Since I've dropped these pounds I've become more excited about dressing in the morning and trying new styles. If you're my Facebook friend you know my obsession with LuLaRoe and their amazingly beautiful, affordable and comfortable clothing. I have about 15 pieces from leggings to skirts to tops in my wardrobe- and am always wanting more! For jeans I love the Old Navy curvy style because they fit a smaller waist and bigger hips so well. I just bought my first pair of skinny jeans (it was a struggle!) to layer under tall boots.

When I began losing enough weight to warrant new clothing- I got to go shopping with this new body and it was actually fun. I didn't dread closing that fitting room door and staring at myself in the mirror with loathing. I began to use more of the fun accessories I had and pairing them with outfits. It's the "little" things, I guess.

A few tips if you are embarking on a new plan- and looking for new duds!

*I wish I'd taken better before pictures! Take them in a sports bra and spandex, take some with a too-tight shirt or pants on, take some in regular clothes. I LOVE seeing the changes in my body and wish I'd taken more diverse "before" pictures to show my progress.
Snack- banana and cottage cheese

*Get belts with many, many notches. It's a pain buying new ones- and I've even found ones with notches all the way around. Bonus!

*Skirts are your friend! Lots of times you can adjust the waist on skirts to fit higher or lower on the hips and therefore they'll fit you longer during the weight loss process.

*I love Old Navy jeans. They come in different fits, are comfy and are affordable. I don't feel horrible having to size down when the jeans aren't super expensive. They often run sales on-line and in the store so you can get discounted denim. Even it your style isn't Old Navy- find a brand that is affordable and stick with it!

Dinner- Hasselback chicken,
over couscous, chilled
ricotta bowl, two slices
Ezekiel bread and PB
*Leggings, ya'll! Are they pants? Are they not? Who cares. They're forgiving- wear them with longer in front shirts (cover your bits, ladies!) or under skirts. They transition to your workout and are comfy enough for Saturday mornings. The LuLaRoe legging in OS fit sizes 2-12 and TC 12-22- quite the range!

*At homework out DVDs means what you wear to the "gym" doesn't matter. Now, this is not my #1 reason I love BeachBody DVDs, but it's up there. :) I get to wear a beer t-shirt with leggings or ratty yoga pants and no one but me cares. As you size out of things you can extend the time you wear them (except sports bras- make sure those fit!!) because you're only impressing yourself, right?  Though I'll say to you, now that I've lost some lbs, I do love wearing cute and fitted workout clothes!

Have fun with this weight loss thing. It's not all about the number on the scale (I still am learning that lesson!) and it's an amazing feeling when your clothes feel looser. Dirty secret- when I had to find new clothes I actually grumbled at the effort needed to get new clothes. I grumbled! At my amazing weight loss! What an idiot. I should have been skipping to that damn store to enjoy my new size and finding clothes that flatter my new figure. Enjoy the process- I know I (finally!) am!
How I felt after tonight's workout

Meals for 3/10/16-

Breakfast:
Vegan Chocolate Shakeology blended with frozen raspberries, spinach, cold press coffee and coconut extract. Green tea. (1 red, 1 purple, 1 green)

Lunch: Hasselback Chicken with a side of brussel sprouts (1 red, 1/2 blue, 1 green)

Snacks: Cottage cheese, banana (1 red, 1 purple)

Dinner: Hasselback chicken over couscous, two slices Ezekiel bread with PB, chilled ricotta bowl (1.5 red, 1 green, 2 yellow, 1 orange, 2 tsp)

Side note- I did not have any Yellow containers yesterday. Not a one- what?! So I indulged a bit tonight for dinner and it was goooood. How the heck did I not have any yellows yesterday (shakes head..)?

Workout- PiYo Drench. Not going to lie (it feels weird to even write it!) but 48 minutes?! Really?! It's a bit long after you're used to the 21 Day Fix 30 minute workouts... which is why I slept in and waited until the evening to workout.  I was in a foul mood when I began this workout and it didn't improve. For whatever reason I was grumpy the whole time and did not enjoy it. The Flow part was awkward and difficult and I hated it. Tomorrow is a PiYo rest day but I may do 21 Day Fix Total Body Cardio. I promised myself I'd finish PiYo but just thinking about doing Drench again makes me want to pull my hair out.

Random Thought of the Day- I cannot stop watching this video >>>>>>>... Can't. Who else is ready for flip flop weather?

Why Red Rover? I don't know to be honest... I think I've used Red Rover for a while now because I love trying new things, traveling, taking journeys of all types. Red for the hair, obviously- Rover because of the journey.  If you're interested in roving into your own fitness journey with my support reach out to me here. Or check out my BeachBody site. Oh, and for sure follow me on Instagram


Join my Challenge Group- take a step towards a healthier and happier you. 
and I'll see you in the group!