Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March 2016 Bulu Box Unboxing and Meals for 3/16/16

Hey little fellas!
Another dreary day here in Minnesota, folks. This morning there were big fat worms on the sidewalk that my toddler was obsessed about and therefore refused to get in the car before touching one. Which then lead to a heavy hand washing and being a bit late to dropping him off! It is the small things though- some day he won't be interested in all of these cool new things, so I enjoy it while I can.

This morning I rocked another workout- 21 Day Fix Total Body Cardio. It is a lot of shoulders along with cardio but I used my 8lb weights (heavy for this workout!) the whole time. I even filmed some of it to check my form and wasn't too embarrassed by it!

If you know me you know that I have an issue with monthly subscription boxes. I have done Ipsy, BirchBox, BarkBox and more. I love them. They're affordable monthly treats for me- and I was excited to try a new one that has a fitness/supplement focus. I take a few supplements a day including BCAAs, BeachBody Recharge (when I had a killer workout that day), Vitamin D, multi-vitamin, Fish Oil and Ginko (for my terrible memory). When I became a BeachBody coach I started learning more about supplements for weight lifting and that is when a friend told me about BCAAs (more on that later) and then the Bulu Box came on my radar!

My first Bulu Box!
So, yesterday I got my very first Bulu Box! I first heard of this monthly subscription box from a friend in another fitness group (Eat, Drink and Shrink Social Club- great name, right?). It's the first time I've gotten it and I'm excited to see what each month brings.  This month they sent seven samples- and I'll review them at the bottom of each post as I use them up! Check out my unboxing video, here, if you want to see the products live.

The samples this month include:
*Montana Mex Seasoning
*Caveman Bars
*GreenMed AllerRite
*NeuEnergy
*Vital4U Fiber Drink
*BANDA-SiL
*Earth's Care Dry and Cracked Skin Balm

Each month is $10/mo but if you use the code MYSUB5 at checkout (tucked at the top left) you get it for only $5/mo! That's a steal- even if you throw everything out it isn't a waste, I think. Definitely read the reviews below and as I use each product I'll review it here in the blog under the label Bulu Box. I hope you enjoy the reviews!

Meals for 3/16/16:
Breakfast: Vegan Chocolate Shakeology (more about Shakeology here) blended with spinach, cold press coffee (recipe here), and frozen raspberries. Green tea with lemon. (1 red, 1 purple, 2 green)

Lunch: Shredded chicken, fajita veggies, (recipe here), two corn tortillas topped with 1/2 a blue of shredded cheese and a dollop of greek yogurt. Added Montana Mex Seasoning from my Bulu Box, too!  (1.5 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1/2 blue)

Dinner: Scrambled egg, Applegate chicken sausage, Ezekiel Bread with avocado on top (1 red, 1 yellow, 1/2 blue, tsp)

Snacks: Tuna with apple slices- today I chopped up the apple and mixed it with the tuna (1 red, 1 purple)

Workout: 21 Day Fix Total Body Cardio Fix. Love this workout. This mixes a lot of shoulder work with cardio and will leave you sweaty and breathless. I used 8lb weights- which is heavy for me, and my shoulders were for sure feeling it.

Vital4U Fiber Drink Sample
Bulu Box Product Review: Here's the complete unboxing video if you want to see all of the goodies I got! Today I'm reviewing the Vital4U Fiber Drink. It came in a folded sample pack with two individual samples of the Citrus Berry Fusion flavor. Unlike other fiber supplements this one comes pre-mixed and ready to drink. No need to chew or add water. I sometimes use MiraLAX which I like because you can dissolve it in water with no chunks or taste- so even taking one step out (the mixing part) would be an improvement for me.

It wasn't too sweet tasting and was a small enough portion to drink easily. This would be perfect for traveling and on the go. Would I recommend it? Sure! If you need a bit more fiber in your diet and need it on the go, then it's easy to pack or put in your purse for traveling. The taste and constancy is pleasant. I just took it this morning so I can't say if it "works" but given the amount of fiber per packet and adding my 21 Day Fix diet to the mix it should keep things, ahem, moving.
Lunch w/ Montana Mex Seasoning

Next, I enjoyed some of the Montana Mex Seasoning on my lunch time fajitas. It was a perfect small sample for topping two fajitas. I like that it wasn't too salty and added a bit of a jalapeno kick. I'd definitely try more of their stuff. I am finding more and more that the key to healthy and enjoyable food is allllll in the seasoning! Bland sucks, spice it up folks!

Want to get Bulu Box for yourself? Check it out here- and when you sign up enter code MYSUB5 at Checkout (top left) to get your boxes for just $5/mo, for life!



Why Red Rover? I don't know to be honest... I think I've used Red Rover for a while now because I love trying new things, traveling, taking journeys of all types. Red for the hair, obviously- Rover because of the journey.  If you're interested in roving into your own fitness journey with my support reach out to me here. Or check out my BeachBody site. Oh, and for sure follow me on Instagram


Join my Challenge Group- take a step towards a healthier and happier you. 
and I'll see you in the group!