Sunday, March 20, 2016

Healthy Eating Group- you in?


Hello Spring- and nose smudges and handprints! 
It was a lazy morning around the Johnson house this Sunday. It's officially the first day of Spring- and (see picture below) the windows are filthy! It is definitely time for some Spring cleaning, but that will have to wait for another day.

It is Sunday- you know what that means, right? Meal prep, folks! A Sunday well spent... well you know the phrase. I loaded Zeke up in the car and headed to Cub to stock up for the week. They have fruit out that your kid can eat while you shop- I love seeing more and more places do the little things to be kid friendly. It's definitely a conversation happening in the craft beer world whether kids should be allowed or in taprooms or not. Badger Hill (where I work) is definitely kid friendly. Who says you can't come have a beer and bring your toddler to color? Why can't we begin demystifying alcohol and making it more acceptable and less taboo.

Now, I shouldn't have to give the disclaimer- but I will. Of course when I say the above I mean using alcohol responsibly, not serving to minors and being an responsible driver and adult. There. I said it- just in case you went down that path. :)

Evernote grocery list & clean cart!
I'm starting my Healthy Eating group this week (info, here) and am excited to see how it goes! It'll be my first group and I hope I can portray the important things and not be too overwhelming. Some recipes I'm working on include Hasselback Chicken, Fixate Meatballs,  and more. I hope to base it off of the super amazing and successful 21 Day Fix container plan to show people you can pretty much eat anything in moderation and be healthy. Don't cut out healthy fats, carbs, fruit, meat- enjoy it, the right way.

I spent the time after Zeke's nap doing meal prep and made Fixate meatballs, roasted sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta and Spoon Me's new recipe for Spanish "rice"- made using cauliflower. My poor guys are both sick- so I'm doing my best to think healthy!

Meals for 3/20/16:
Breakfast: Vegan Chocolate Shakeology (more about Shakeology here) blended with spinach, cold press coffee (recipe here), and frozen raspberries. Green tea with lemon. (1 red, 1 purple, 2 green)

Snack
Lunch: Fixate Turkey Meatballs, pasta sauce, parm (1 red, 1/4 purple, 1/4 blue)

Dinner: Fixate Turkey Meatballs, whole wheat pasta, Spoon Me Spanish "rice" (1 red, 1 yellow, 2 green)

Snacks: Tomatoes and mozzarella pearls sprinkled with sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil (1 green, 1 blue, 1tsp)

Workout: 21 Day Fix- Upper Fix. Upped my weights- I'm now using 12lb for most of it and 8lb for the harder shoulder raises/punches. It's been fun to video some of my workout and see form or where I can push faster or harder. I'm sharing them on my Instagram, if you want to take a peek.

Why Red Rover? I don't know to be honest... I think I've used Red Rover for a while now because I love trying new things, traveling, taking journeys of all types. Red for the hair, obviously- Rover because of the journey.  If you're interested in roving into your own fitness journey with my support reach out to me here. Or check out my BeachBody site. Oh, and for sure follow me on Instagram


Join my Challenge Group- take a step towards a healthier and happier you. 
and I'll see you in the group!