Sunday, March 27, 2016

She is Risen! Happy Easter!

Woke up this morning and did the usual body scan. The last 6 days have been rough all around- physically, mentally and emotionally. Feeling cooped up in the house, not being able to workout, the darn flu. It sucks!   Today though- the body scan came back "I feel okay!". Maybe I don't need to take ibuprofen and Mucinex right away. Maybe I could actually workout? Maybe?
Moments of quiet before
the boys got up!

I rolled out of bed around 9:15a to the pitter patter of Penny's toenails. 9:15, wait, what?! Crazy that both boys were still sleeping and poor Penny had her back legs crossed. So, I let her out and opened up my phone to do the usual social media scanning. Zeke got up around 9:30a and Ryan shortly after. After breakfast (Shakeology for me!) Zeke got to open his Easter basket.

Happy Easter!
Ryan is so incredibly sweet that he made me and Zeke our baskets and I failed again to make him one. I feel badly- next year, right? Zeke of course loved it- it included candy and toys. What isn't there to love?  I then headed down to see how a workout would feel. I decided to start over with this round of the 21 Day Fix so it was Total Body Cardio time. Last week I did it with 8lbs which was a total challenge but given that I'm just at about 75% healthy right now I went down to 5lbs. 

The workout felt good, I sweat a lot and I'm sure my face was tomato red the whole time. Just 4 days off and I feel less strong- though it could be that I'm not 100% up to par yet! I'm looking forward to resetting myself, eating on point and getting in to shape for my upcoming trips.

I snuck in a nap this afternoon and Ryan cooked a delicious Easter dinner. Now I'm going to tuck in to The Body Book by Cameron Diaz- so far I like it. 

Meals for 3/27/16:
Breakfast: Vanilla Shakeology (more about Shakeology here) blended with spinach and frozen banana. Green tea. (1 red, 1 purple, 2 green)
Protein packed lunch

Lunch: Two slices of turkey bacon, one egg, four stalks of asparagus, queso fresco (1 red, 1/2 green, 1/2 blue)

Dinner: Ham slice, canned green beans, crushed pineapple, scallop potatoes (1/5 red, 1 green, 1/2 purple, 2 yellow)

Snacks: Apple w/ PB (1 purple, 1 tsp)

Workout: Given I had taken 4 days off I thought it best to start the 21 Day Fix over again. So- Day 1, workout 1: Total Body Cardio. Went back down to 5lb weights to take it a bit easier and the workout felt great.

Why Red Rover? I don't know to be honest... I think I've used Red Rover for a while now because I love trying new things, traveling, taking journeys of all types. Red for the hair, obviously- Rover because of the journey.  If you're interested in roving into your own fitness journey with my support reach out to me here. Or check out my BeachBody site. Oh, and for sure follow me on Instagram


Join my Challenge Group- take a step towards a healthier and happier you. 
and I'll see you in the group!