Wednesday, March 9, 2016

What's your motivation and Meals for 3/9/16


Back to work today after a great day off yesterday, visiting Duluth! Tonight at the brewery we are hosting Flight Club and featuring four new beers in one fight. It's fun preparing for these events and seeing which beer people like the best.


Flight Club tasting sheets- love my job!
I didn't get my butt up to workout this morning- with Zeke being gone this week it's easier to workout at night.  Right when I got home I pushed play on PiYo Core- because if it doesn't happen right away it's not going to happen (see point below).

Which brings us to today's thought- where do you find motivation? Who motivates you? What motivates you?

I've been on this "health kick" (written sorta-jokingly) since November 4th, 2015. I've been on many other "kicks" before- but always wondered what made it click and work each time. This time, I know my mentality about this whole journey has changed- and I'm realizing more and more it is a total marathon made up of hills and valleys. I'm not viewing it as "what I'm doing right now to get healthy" but rather how I'm changing my life completely to live healthier forever.

My motivation this time was Zeke, to be honest. He's getting more and more active and I was not happy with how I was keeping up. I also wasn't happy with how I was talking to myself about my body. I knew I needed to make a change- and before another day went by. If not now- when, right?

Here are a few quick things that I do to get motivated:


Dinner-Hasselback Chicken
with roasted kale
*When the alarm goes off- don't. hit. snooze. It's tough, I know. I know! Instead of doing that, I open up Instagram and search the hashtag #21DayFix and up pops hundreds of workout, food and motivational pictures. I scroll through those as I wake up a bit- and then get up, change my clothes and workout!

*Make it easy on yourself. Have the DVD loaded the night before. Put your workout clothes together and ready. Put your meals together in the fridge so they're easy to grab.

*Join a Challenge Group. You saw that coming, right? One of the things that makes BeachBody different is you get a coach (me, for free!) to support you and a Challenge Group behind you for accountability. Take that group seriously, post daily, post struggles, tips, recipes, sweaty selfies and more!

*Follow inspiring people! Similar to the first point, flood your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with positive people and pages. If you follow me in Instagram (@jtjohnson717) you'll see the people I follow- many are BeachBody and 21 Day Fixers along with other workout and fitness motivators.

*If you don't wake up and workout before work- do it right when you get home. Here's my case for working out before work- your only excuse is "I'm tired". After work? Well- the list gets a bit longer... "I'm tired, I have to make dinner, I have laundry to do, The Bachelor is on, I want to hang out with my family" and more, right?!

*Lastly- find (and remember, often) your why. When the to-do list piles up, work is stressful, laundry is calling- it's easy to put your workout aside. If you cling to (protect and honor!) your why- it'll help you stay focused and realize how important that workout and meal planning is. Mine is to feel more body-proud, be a great role model to Zeke and to inspire others.


Alright- I know you have more tips! What are your motivation go-tos? Comment below!
Dessert- Ricotta Bowls from
Spoon Me (follow her!)

Meals for 3/9/16:


Breakfast:  
Vegan Chocolate Shakeology blended with spinach, cold press coffee (recipe here), frozen raspberries and almond extract. Green tea. (1 red, 1 green, 1/2 purple)


Lunch: Hasselback chicken, brussel sprouts (1 red, 1.5 green)

Snacks: Fresh mango, cottage cheese (1 red, 1/2 purple)

Dinner: Hasselback chicken with a giant side of roasted kale and for dessert Spoon Me Ricotta Bowls (1.5 red, 1 green, 1/2 purple)

Workout: 
PiYo Core. This workout doesn't necessarily get me sweating but it for sure challenges me. It uses a lot of side planks which are really difficult for me and my wrists. I'm seeing lots of improvements though- which is rewarding!

Recipes:

*See the link for the Hasselback Chicken recipe- I marinate the chicken breasts in Italian dressing for a day or two before cooking. I also add some garlic to the spinach when wilting it- before adding the ricotta.

*Roasted Kale- chop up as much kale as you want (it shrinks when you roast it) and put in to a container or ziploc bag. Add about 2 tsp of oil and 1tsp of salt/pepper- shake well to coat. Put on a pan and roast at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes (keep an eye on it- I like mine crispy!).

*Spoon Me Ricotta Bowls-

(follow Spoon Me on Facebook.. do it.. now!)
Makes 2 servings
1 cup fat free ricotta

1 whole egg
2 tbsp oat flour
1 ½ tsp honey
¼ tsp vanilla
½ tsp cinnamon
½ purple container, fruit of choice

Mix all ingredients together except the berries. Using 2 ramekins, divide the berries (1/4 purple container) and place berries in the bottom of each ramekin. Pour your batter over the berries and place some additional berries on top, lightly pressing them into the batter. Bake at 400 for 30-35 minutes until set and tops are golden brown. Let cool approximately 5 minutes. Serve warm or chill. *it resembles bread pudding


Makes 2 servings
Each serving-1/2 red, 1/4 purple

Why Red Rover? I don't know to be honest... I think I've used Red Rover for a while now because I love trying new things, traveling, taking journeys of all types. Red for the hair, obviously- Rover because of the journey.  If you're interested in roving into your own fitness journey with my support reach out to me here. Or check out my BeachBody site. Oh, and for sure follow me on Instagram


Join my Challenge Group- take a step towards a healthier and happier you. 
and I'll see you in the group!