Saturday, May 21, 2016

3 Day Refresh Review

One days worth of meals/supplements
We got back from LA this past Monday and it was an awesome trip. Good times with Ryan's brother Eric, lots of amazing sites, food and drinks. I can't think of a better trip I've had in recent times! We saw so many cool places- and the food... ohhhh the food! Plus we did a brewery tour day and hit up four local breweries- lots more beer than I've drank in a while.

Got back from vacation, I wasn't feeling guilty about indulging- most of the choices I made were really special treats I couldn't get in the Twin Cities. I WAS, however, not feeling awesome physically. Just sluggish, a bit "ho hum"- not my usual self. So, I decided to whip out the 3 Day Refresh kit I had gotten a month back.

What's the 3 Day Refresh? It's a three day detox based on consumption of fiber, veggies, fruits protein and tons of water. Why use it? To de-fluff from a vacation, drop a few last minute pounds before a big event and just to reset yourself before starting a fitness journey! I only gained 4lbs over vacation (expected it to be more!) so I'm more doing this as an experiment to see how it goes so I can either recommend or not recommend it to clients!

Day 1- starting weight 143.2
8oz water right away in the AM
Breakfast- (1 serving Shakeology blended with water and raspberries)- 1 hour after waking up
Morning tea- 1 hour after breakfast
Fiber Sweep drink- 1 hour after tea
Lunch (strawberries blended with Vanilla Fresh and cucumbers/tomatoes with basil and olive oil)- 1 hour after Fiber Sweep
Snack (cucumber/tomatoes with basil and olive oil)- 2 hours after lunch
Afternoon tea- 1 hour after snack
Dinner (asparagus, crushed almonds, Vanilla Fresh drink)- 1 hour after tea
Evening tea- 1 hour after dinner
Throughout the day I drank over 80oz of water, too.

Day 2- starting weight 141.3, down 1.9lbs
8oz water right away in the AM
Breakfast- (1 serving Shakeology blended with water and raspberries)- 1 hour after waking up
Morning tea- 1 hour after breakfast
Fiber Sweep drink- 1 hour after tea
Lunch (1/2 banana blended with Vanilla Fresh, side of cucumbers/tomatoes with olive oil and basil)- 1 hour after Fiber Sweep
Snack (green beans with red pepper flakes and lime juice, topped with olive oil)- 2 hrs after lunch
Afternoon tea- 1 hour after snack
Dinner (spinach with cucumber, bell peppper, tomato, lemon juice, olive oil and pumpkin seeds)- 1 hour after tea
Evening tea- 1 hour after dinner
Throughout the day drank 100oz of water

Day 3- starting weight 138.4, down 4.2lbs
8oz water right away in the AM
Breakfast- (1 serving Shakeology blended with water and raspberries)- 1 hour after waking up
Morning tea- 1 hour after breakfast
Fiber Sweep drink- 1 hour after tea
Lunch (strawberries blended with Vanilla Fresh, side of cucumbers/tomatoes with olive oil and basil)- 1 hour after Fiber Sweep
Snack (cucumber/tomatoes with basil and olive oil)- 2 hrs after lunch
Afternoon tea- 1 hour after snack
Dinner (spinach with cucumber, bell peppper, tomato, lemon juice, olive oil and pumpkin seeds)- 1 hour after tea
Evening tea- 1 hour after dinner
Throughout the day drank 100oz of water

Weighed myself the following morning (after Day 3) and was down to 137.2lbs for a 6lb loss- holy cats. So, over all I lost 6lbs! Now, I didn't NEED to lose that much but clearly this program works. I didn't feel that hungry but for sure missed chewing my protein and eating carbs. Though- it's just three days folks! You can totally do it, too.

Second thought- it was SO easy to prep. Made getting it ready in one night super easy. I chose to keep it simple but you can mix up what fruit and veggies you use if you want more diversity day to day. The fiber sweep kinda tasted like any other fiber mix- a little gelatinous but not an unpleasant flavor. The Vanilla Sweep reminded me of almond milk- it was fine by itself OR blended with fruit.

It's on sale ($10 off) through June 9th- if you're wanting to grab one at this price do it now! You can save it for later, too- maybe post-Memorial Day fluff or pre-summer vacation?

For more info or to get the 3 Day Refresh for yourself- go here.

I can't wait to hear how you like it!