Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Turkey Lettuce Wraps

Hangin' with mommy today!
Oh I can't even tell you how I love an easy to prepare meal that the entire family eats... it makes me SO happy! Tonight I made another BeachBody recipe - Turkey Lettuce Wraps.

Zeke didn't have daycare today so we hung out most of the day. My Father in Law Steve came over for a bit to be at the house while Zeke napped so I could run to a meeting at the brewery.  It's nice to have an occasional day with Zeke at home- he's such a cheeseball. We both did 21 Day Fix Yoga Fix together and 10 Minute Abs. Now, when I say "together" I mean he pulled out toys to shove in my way and test my balance. :)

Some of the ingredients
When Ryan got home I started cooking dinner. This one was really easy to put together- and I got to use some of my new Asian sauces and seasonings. We always have turkey around the house so it was easy to make a meal we all love.

For the record I'm still enjoying Healthy General Tso's Chicken for lunch every day! I wish that I had added more veggies but I'll do that the next time I make it- which may be this Sunday for next week's meal prep.

I also got my 3 Day Refresh in the mail today- but I'll do another post on that when I start it!

Now on to the recipe- it's from the BeachBody website. Click here, click Join to create a free account then find it under Eat Smart > Recipes. This is a whole library of awesome meal and snack ideas. The best part? At the bottom it has all of the container breakdowns for the BeachBody programs (including, of course, The 21 Day Fix!). The only addition I had was 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce, 1 tsp of sesame oil and avocado on the top.  I measured out the meat in my red containers for an accurate count on red. We also ate them with Basmati rice for an extra carb (yellow container).

Total Time: 19 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 9 min
Yield: 8 servings, 2 wraps each
The finished product!
Container Count- 1/2 Red, 1 Green, 1 tsp

Ingredients:
1 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey breast
½ medium red onion, chopped
½ medium red or green bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 green onion, chopped
⅔ cup chopped water chestnuts
1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 large head of lettuce (like red leaf, romaine, or bibb), separated into leaves

Preparation:
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add turkey, onion, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through and onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic, green onion, water chestnuts, soy sauce, and vinegar; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add cilantro; mix well. Remove from heat.
5. Evenly spoon mixture onto lettuce leaves; wrap the leaves around mixture, and eat!
Why Red Rover? I don't know to be honest... I think I've used Red Rover for a while now because I love trying new things, traveling, taking journeys of all types. Red for the hair, obviously- Rover because of the journey.  If you're interested in roving into your own fitness journey with my support reach out to me here. Or check out my BeachBody site. Oh, and for sure follow me on Instagram

Join my Challenge Group- take a step towards a healthier and happier you. 
and I'll see you in the group!