Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Buffalo Chicken Bowls and Roasted Veggies

WOW! I can't believe how many questions I've gotten about the Buffalo Chicken Bowls I made for lunch this week. Ya'll must love some buffalo sauce!

If you've been following me you know that I batch meal prep (info here) so I eat the same thing for lunch every day- which totally works for me! My last meal prep lunch was General Tso's Chicken- I'm also blown away by hearing how much folks just love it- and their kids, too! 

Anyhow- on to the meat of the post!

Buffalo Chicken
Pre-cook chicken (bake, instapot, sautee)
Shred and toss in Frank's Buffalo Sauce
... that's it!
Container: Red

Blue Cheese Dressing (courtesy of my husband!)
3/4 C plain Greek yogurt
1 1/3 C mayo (could sub greek yogurt)
1 tsp Worcestershire
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
4oz blue cheese 
Containers- Blue, red

Whisk all ingredients together- we use a food processor to smooth it out. Eat! I add less than 1 tbsp to my chicken and rice, a little goes a long way!  

Roasted Veggies
Slice up zucchini, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, brussel sprouts
Toss in 2 tsp olive oil, salt, pepper
Roast at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes- depending on desired doneness
Container: Green, 1 tsp

I put the chicken over basmati rice for a yellow (carb) container- and it is super tasty!

Basmati Rice
Cook according to instructions- we use our Instant Pot to make it! You can find it cheaper in most bulk bins at grocery stores.
Container- Yellow

This is SUCH an easy batch meal prep to do- you could alter the recipe a million ways by tossing the chicken in a teriyaki sauce and using a peanut sauce on top or other fun ideas. Share how you do it if you do mix it up!

Why Red Rover? I don't know to be honest... I think I've used Red Rover for a while now because I love trying new things, traveling, taking journeys of all types. Red for the hair, obviously- Rover because of the journey.  If you're interested in roving into your own fitness journey with my support reach out to me here. Or check out my BeachBody site. Oh, and for sure follow me on Instagram


Join my Challenge Group- take a step towards a healthier and happier you. 
and I'll see you in the group!